Sunday, May 15, 2016

Britos- Goa

Cuisine Recommended: Chinese
Shudh Shakahari Meter: 3/5


Cost of Meal for two: Rs. 1000

This is my third visit to Goa... But Brittos is one place I have heard so much about but never eaten at before. A cozy shack with candle lights on the center of the tables, Brittos is a sight that you will love immediately for its casual laid back feel. There are tables both inside in the covered area and outside on the beach. 


The temperature in Goa, made me chose to sit inside. The restaurant was completely packed even for an offseason. I immediately noticed the interesting play of shadow on the ceiling caused by the cane baskets cleverly being used in place of lamp shades. 






Choice of Vegetarian food is minimal as is usual in Goa. Like most famous Goa restaurants and shacks, Brittos also serves a varied range of sea food options but not much for vegetarians. I chose the safe option of Manchurian and Noodles and was happy with the way it tasted. 

But what I have to especially mention is the Virgin Pina colada that was absolutely divine to taste. It had an awesome-right blend of pineapple juice and coconut milk. Totally out of the world! I had to get myself a second glass just to make sure it was not a fluke the first time around and that the bartender/chef actually knew what he was doing! :P Thumbs Up!!! I highly recommend this drink to all especially teetotalers. You have to, have to, absolutely have to taste this drink when next there! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment