Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Naivedyam: A safe, authentic, South Indian Choice!

Cuisine Recommended: South Indian
Shudh Shakahari Meter: 4/5


Cost of Meal for two: Rs. 600

When you live in Gurgaon, and are in mood for South Indian food as the Chennai-girl in me generally is, you got to look for safe authentic South Indian choices. By "safe and authentic" I mean food that actually tastes South Indian. Where the sambhar has the right proportion of imli (tamarind) and dal (pulse)... Its got to be tangy and spicy and just right. 

Personally, I can tell a good South indian place by the way their Sambhar tastes. Its the easiest test and often lets me know if I'd go back to the place or not. And when the place also makes some of your favourites like Aapam-Kurma, idli, you are in Food Coma! ;)






Their afternoon meals is good too. Nothing compared to Chennai ofcourse but a good bet for Gurgaon!



 My hubby loves their Onion Rawa Masala and swears by it!

And did I mention they always welcome you with a yummy buttermilk (in summers) and rasam (in winters), which is served on the house? 



Overall Shudh Shakahari gives Naivedyam a thumbs up and a place definitely worth visiting, if you haven't already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment