Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Hotel Venite Goa

Cuisine Recommended: Goan
Shudh Shakahari Meter: 3.5/5

Cost of Meal for two: Rs. 1000

"While in Goa, do as the Goans do...! :)" with this thought in mind I further started checking out the joints that serve good local cusine... Our Hotel Manager recommended a place called Hotel Venite in Panjim, naturally more known for its Non Veg- Sea food variety than Veg food... But Goa is a place where you don't really get great variety in Vegetarian food, hence it becomes even more important to write about what to eat as a Vegetarian while in Goa. So Shudh Shakahari in me accepted this challenge to try local joints to recommend vegetarian food options. 

A quaint little place welcomed us, with its hanging balconies on the front facade. At first sight I loved the portuguese influence that I could see in the building. Speaking to Alex my friendly server later, I learnt that the building is over 200 years old and the restaurant in itself was 60 years old. It has history in its every wall. 


Walking up the wall and the rope decor hanging on it, caught my attention. I was piqued and was looking forward to see how the balconies would look from within!




Me at the balcony window
On Alex's recommendation I went ahead with Mushroom Xacuti, a local coconut based curry dish with lots of vegetables including mushroom, served with rice. 



I also ordered a fresh mixed fruit juice to go with it. 


To my utter delight the food tasted lovely and was highly appreciated by my taste buds. Juice was extremely refreshing with the right amount of papaya, pineapple and watermelon. 


Shudh Shakahari gives this place a thumbs up. While there also do check out their graffiti wall which has a history of its own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment